We’re hiring! Update Management is hiring an Association Manager to provide operational and strategic leadership and event planning for a portfolio of associations. This highly visible role demands extensive customer service skills, a high level or professionalism and the ability to interface with the association leadership.
Success in this position requires a positive, results-oriented account manager with excellent follow-through and attention to detail; the ability to identify and manage resources required to provide client services; impeccable nonprofit leadership and governance skills; strong and persuasive communication skills; the ability to lead a customer-focused staff team; solid technology skills; and a flexible, entrepreneurial orientation. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm.
Qualified applicants should have at least five years’ experience as an association executive, account executive, or senior-level management role in a nonprofit organization. Please send your resume to email@example.com with an email subject line: “Association Manager”.
Association Manager Job Description & Responsibilities
The Association Manager is an energetic individual with responsive, customer service skills and a high aptitude and interest in using office and membership software. The position serves as an association leader who manages and oversees the business and activities of four or more non-profit professional and trade organizations.
The Association Manager must have experience using Microsoft Suite and Google with the ability to learn other software programs including Association Management Software (MemberClicks) and virtual platforms (zoom, primarily). Event planning experience is required, with planning and execution of on-site conferences and conventions.
The position is full-time exempt position, and once training is complete would become primarily a remote position. The position is primarily Monday/Friday, but does require some evenings and weekends. The Association Manager reports to the President and the Vice President of Operations with interactions with all staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing association programs and services, developing new initiatives, and improving current offerings to meet the needs of members
- Facilitating efficient communication and effective service among and between volunteer leaders, committees, and members
- Working with staff, Board of Directors, and members to carry out association strategic plans and align all association activities with strategic plans
- Keeping leadership fully informed on the conditions and operations of each association
- Attending meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committees; taking meeting minutes
- Ensuring that governance documents are current and adhered to (i.e., Bylaws, Policies & Procedures, Conflict of Interest, Records Retention)
- Developing annual budgets; reviewing monthly financials and annual tax returns
- Reviewing and negotiating vendor contracts
- Providing oversight, direction, and production of conferences, events, publications, marketing, and communications
- Serving as liaison with national association headquarters, lobbyists, and/or component societies
- Leading and mentoring a team of administrative, marketing, and event staff
Update Management is the largest association management company in Oregon. We have a diverse client base and a diverse staff that is dedicated to supporting an amazing array of industries.
Benefits and Perks:
8 Paid Holidays
80 Hours of PTO to Start
401K with Employer Partial Match
Employer Subsidized Health, Dental and Vision
Employer Provided Life Insurance