What We Do
Update Management has been in business for nearly 40 years, and our experienced staff understands the skills and demands of managing an association. We work closely with each Board and committee to ensure success for our clients’ programs and events.
- Act as liaison to board of directors, committees, national offices
- Coordinate event sites, negotiate contracts, set event budgets
- Plan board retreats
- Assist in organizing and scheduling committee meetings
- Provide membership reports
- Assist in development of annual budgets
- Develop and implement membership recruitment drives
One of the most important and complex functions of an association is financial management. Our finance staff provides each association with complete financial services, while coordinating tax filings and keeping abreast of association tax laws.
- Manage accounts payable
- Invoice membership and send statements
- Track accounts receivable
- Record financial transactions within database
- Make bank deposits and reconcile accounts
- Produce and compare profit and loss statements
- Develop budget reports
We plan hundreds of meetings and events annually in locations all over North America. Our professional planners are well versed in coordinating all the details to ensure successful association events.
- Coordinate event site and negotiate contracts
- Manage onsite event registration
- Arrange for speakers and fees
- Obtain certification approval and implement CE programs
- Develop evaluation forms and summarize results
- Sell exhibit space
- Develop and coordinate social activities
Our in-house communications staff works with each association to determine their individual marketing needs and priorities. We work with our clients to establish their branding and messaging with their members and the community.
- Manage social media campaigns
- Design, maintain, and update websites
- Design e-blast campaigns
- Produce event and association marketing collateral
- Arrange for printing and mailing
- Design layout for magazines, newsletters, brochures, promotions, and special events
- Create customized marketing programs
Update Management’s technology helps associations and user communities achieve their missions by offering flexible, nimble and cost-effective services. These services streamline business processes to ease the work load on volunteers and leadership.
- Develop and maintain membership database
- Customize and analyze data
- Integrate website with MemberClicks association membership software
- Administer cloud/web based database
- Manage website content
- Coordinate website hosting and site optimization
- Develop intranet solutions for boards and committees
We recognize the importance of quality administrative support, and our administrative staff is skilled and efficient in all aspects of association management. A full-time reception staff is available to personally answer all calls and respond to member requests.
- Provide professional meeting space for clients
- Answer incoming calls during office hours
- Provide 24-hour voice messaging and fax capabilities
- Respond to general association inquiries and event registrations
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail
- Provide attendee packets, name badges, and signage for events
- Track association documents with photocopying, filing, and reporting services